ZEFIRA - APCO’s long awaited reentry into challenging high end EN C Class paragliders.
ZEFIRA is of Hebrew origin meaning Morning star, lighting up the skies. And ZEFIRA will indeed be a rising star in the paragliding skies.
APCO as policy, did not launch competition gliders for almost a decade, concentrating instead on so called “normal gliders”.
Having a top class reputation built on such world beating paragliders like Bagheera, Astra, Xtra and Tigra, reentry into competition scene obligated us to bring a glider which must exceed your most optimistic expectations.
Over the past 2 years, we invested a significant effort in developing a new generation of FAI Class 1 Competition wing named ENIGMA and in parallel developing a new high end EN-D Class wing. ENIGMA was introduced just before Paragliding World Championship 2011 in Spain. Unfortunately, the FAI Class 1 wings were banned following the events at the Championship, making ENIGMA obsolete.
But the effort invested into developing ENIGMA was not wasted and experience gained fully implemented into our latest creation – ZEFIRA.
The ZEFIRA, based on ENIGMA revolutionary technology, was conceived as a high end wing, capable of competing with any certified wing.
Our mission with ZEFIRA was to maximize the performance making it competitive with EN-D Class certified wings on the scene at that time.
Having this in mind, we did not neglect the true performance, but kept the stability, handling and safety of ZEFIRA comfortably manageable.
We are proud to present the result of our efforts to you for judgment.
– probably the best performing certified wing in EN-C Class, capable of competing with any wing certified without use of folding lines.
– wing with independently measured and confirmed L/D over 10.7 (best in its Class)
– wing certified to EN-C Class trim and accelerated, confirming the safety and stability
It is the first time we were able to combine truly exceptional performance of ZEFIRA
with the reassuring safety and comfortable handling of serial class glider.
– wing with performance that is its best also on speed bar.
Exhibits extremely flat glide graph (L/D curve through entire speed range) with excellent glide at high speeds of 50-55km/h of L/D - 10.
ZEFIRA - lighting up the skies.
Bullet risers - revolutionary, unique "zero drag" design, exclusive to APCO more »
- Flexon battens® for improved launch, lighter weight, prolonged lifespan more »
- Flexon battens® for rear section profile support - further performance improvement, drag reduction and smooth handling
- 3 row optimised line construction (for reduced drag – huge line saving)
- Smooth as silk acceleration with ball bearing Ronstan® pullies
- Minimal drag embedded hook up points for extra bonus on drag
- New hi-tech profile based on ENIGMA
- Split A riser
- Advanced diagonal rib structure
- Butt Holes
- Unsheathed Technora spliced comp. lines
- T-Bar handle combined with brake handle
- Hybrid fabric construction and cross port technology for reduced weight
- Wide weight range overlap for optimal wing loading, performance and safety
- All metal parts Stainless Steel or Aluminium
- Neodynium brake magnets
- Swivel on the brake handle to eliminate line twist
BULLET risers®, Flexon battens® and minimal drag embedded lines® are exclusive APCO innovations, often imitated, never matched!!
|Area (projected) [m2]
|Span (projected) [m]
|Aspect Ratio (projected)
|Pilot Weight (all up) [kg]
|Canopy Weight [kg]
|Root Chord [m]
|Tip Chord [m]
|Length of Lines on B [m]
|Total Length of Lines [m]
|Min Sink [m/s]
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
The glider is made from tear resistant Ripstop Nylon cloth, which is P.U. coated
to zero porosity and then siliconized to give the fabric high resistance to the
elements. Different cloth is used for the top, bottom and ribs due to their different
functions. The lines are made of superaramid covered with a polyester sheath for protection
against UV, wear and abrasion. The bottom section of the brake lines is made of polyester
because of its better mechanical properties. The karabiners that attach the lines to the
risers are made of stainless steel.
||Hybrid cloth construction 32-42 g/m2 "Zero Porosity" Ripstop Nylon
||As per general condition of sale
|Top A1;B1;C1 ;Mid Brake
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
50011: Custom Colour
Would you like to personalize the look of your paraglider?
All APCO gliders can be tailored to meet your color needs.
42477-42459: Glider Backpack or Light Clinch Bag
The wing is supplied in Paragliding bag as standard.
The Paragliding Bag can be replaced with Light Clinch bag for all wings on demand.
42460: Concertina Bag
50012: Custom Logo
Customise your glider by adding a personal or company logo.
50024: Riser Sock
Riser sock supplied as standard with each wing.
The Zefira comes in an ergonomic rucksack incl. an inner stuff bag, compression strap, riser sock, spares kit, owner's manual and an industry first 3 yr/250 hr warranty - all as standard.