Edge II Old
The Edge II shares philosophy and design approach of classic APCO harness.
Its concept is based on modern principles, with special attention to safety and performance of the harness.
The Edge II now has the necessary edge to be competitive. Modern attractive design, more comfortable, lighter and more advanced, but still robust and well built to last for years. Based on Edge, but implementing all accumulated experience during its lifetime, the new Edge II offers many advantages over previous version. Equipped with new lighter Quick Lock Buckles, sophisticated airmesh padded back support and new attractive color design, perfectly geared to meet the challenges of today’s market.
- Lighter easy to operate Quick Lock Buckle
- Sophisticated color design
- High density, lighter, stronger cloth
- Ventilated, orthopedic back support for ultimate comfort aided by semi-rigid elements integrated into the back of the harness to spread load
- Very clean outline – molded, clean shape, no wrinkles, no sagging or baggy look
- Low drag – slim, narrow profile.
- Low volume – easy to pack
- Emergency Parachute located at bottom of harness – with deployment handle on the side, easily accessible, perfect spot.
- Webbing system with integrated “don’t forget leg-strap” webbings, eliminating the possibility of launching with unsecured leg straps (3 separate locking points – two for legs and third for chest) Quick Lock Buckle
- Versatile accelerator system with floating seat plate – for additional drag savings in accelerated position and easy in and out from the harness
- Accepts most airfoam protectors available, including APCO standard 15cm. protector and plate
- Foam cushion placed between emergency parachute and seat plate for additional impact protection (DHV compatible)
- Side protector option – high energy absorbing polystyrene
- Ample space in back pocket for storage of bag etc.
- Prepared to hook-in radio or ballast in the back space
- Integrated side pocket
- Built-in ABS system for adjustment of weight shift control
- Designed to accept any APCO karabiner, including the 3 Ton forged Karabiners
- Available in 3 sizes – S/M, L/XL and XXL
- No hard elements
- Can be equipped with foot rest for supine flying and added comfort
- Two internal side pockets for camera and radio storage
- Weight shift sensitivity adjuster (webbing adjustments for rear of seat plate)
- Partial front neoprenne closure
- Ultra durable, friction resistant bottom cloth
- Additional internal document pocket in the back
- Airmesh lining for breathability and comfort – all parts in contact with the body
- APCO’s famous Wonder Bar compatible
- 1. Shoulder Length adjuster
- 2. Side reclining position adjuster
- 3. Weight shift sensitivity adjuster
- 4. Chest webbing adjuster
- 5. Adjuster for front part of seat
- 6. Leg strap
- A. Back accelerator pulley
- B. Front accelerator pulley
Weight & Certification
Foam Protector and Lexan Sheet
The EDGE has a pilot protection system, combining the usual airfoam type protector with a lexan sheet (47143) which aids in spreading the load over the absorbing area of the airfoam and a Polystyrene side impact protector which offers the maximum protection available to a paraglider pilot today.
Test results conducted by DHV confirm that our standard 15cm Airfoam protector is fully in line with DHV requirements when used in combination with Edge type harness.
It is fitted by opening the zip running along the bottom of the harness, below the seat board, and connecting it to two rubber bands through the slits made in the side protector (make sure to put the rubber band through the slit from the flat side of the side protector to the round side of it). Slide the side protector to its place and close the zip running along the bottom of the harness.
Mayday Emergency Parachute
The EDGE has an integrated emergency parachute compartment, designed to the standard specifications.
It is ideally suited to take the range of APCO Mayday parachutes which have proven themselves time and time again, saving hundreds of pilots over the years
Black / Orange
Black / Blue
Black / Green
Black / Red
- 42102 – Edge II S/M
- 42202 – Edge II L/XL
- 42302 – Edge II XXL
- 42150 – Airfoam Protector
- 47143 – Airfoam lexan plate
- 46160 – Side plate set of 2
Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact us for different sizes.
Options and Accessories
Harnesses – Sizing Table